blogspot counter

Monday, April 9, 2012

Magical Monday: Golf tool or Magical Collecting Device or What?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Here’s another one of my strange, magical finds. 
 
It looks to me like some golfer’s tool my husband would use, something to fix sod after taking a divert. 
But it has those odd horn-like projections at the top that seem all wrong for my guess. 

Aside from a wizard using this during his golf game, what magical use might this item have?

Hmm. I think a sorcerer make use of this as a collector. That flat, round area could capture magical magnetic or electrical vibrations traveling through the air. The shorter projections, the horn-like things, might make good sensors to help the sorcerer align the device. The longer projections may transfer the collected signals to the owner. So, for a wizard needing to enhance his power prior to a battle, this might be a useful tool to have. But, that’s just my opinion.

What do you think? What magical use might this serve and who could use it? Let me know what you think. 
~ ~ ~
Marsha A. Moore is a writer of fantasy romance. The magic of art and nature spark life into her writing. The first of her epic fantasy romance series, ENCHANTED BOOKSTORE LEGENDS, is now available--SEEKING A SCRIBE. She has also authored the Ciel's Legacy series, fantasy romance with fast action mermaid/pirate storylines: TEARS ON A TRANQUIL LAKE and TORTUGA TREASURE.  For a FREE ebook download, read her historic fantasy, LE CIRQUE DE MAGIE, available at Amazon and Smashwords.

7 comments:

Roseanne Dowell said...

I actually know what this is. It would be attached to something in cement - hence the odd horn like projections. They'd use it to remove their boots by standing on the end with the odd like projections with one foot and putting their other foot in the prongs and pulling their foot upward. The prongs would hold the boot and their foot would slide out.

Roseanne Dowell said...

Or.....maybe it's a door knocker. The two odd like projections would slide into a part on the door that held a plate called a strike plate and you'd hold the part hanging down and knock - the round middle part would be knocker. Sorry, my imagination is working overtime today.

Marsha A. Moore said...

Phew! Some definitely interesting ideas, Ro. I'm sure it delivers an extra jolt of magical energy to make boots fly off or reverberate the knocking sound through the door. I'm thinking, Cullen, my wizard hero and owner of the Enchanted Bookstore, needs one of these now!

Pat Dale said...

Actually it's a tongue depressor for helping people who's tendency is to get their foot in their mouth. I need one!
PD

Marsha A. Moore said...

Haha! Very useful...need one! Thanks, Pat.

Stephanie said...

I think it looks like some sort of key, a key that can only open magical locks, and only when the user has pure intentions. Just remember, pure doesn't always mean good ;-)

I like Pat's idea. I could use one of those.

Marsha A. Moore said...

A pure intention...that would limit lots of users for sure. I like that idea! Thanks, Stephanie!